ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
In 1925, the church acquired the land of the Quai
d'Orsay and entrusted the architect Carrol Greenough
with the construction of a large neo-Gothic building.
Construction of the building was completed on March
6, 1931, although a groundbreaking (laying of the first
stone) took place on March 1,er 1926. The church has
an iconography of great richness. The north stained
glass windows and those of the narthex all have the
same dimensions. Some stained glass motifs pay
tribute to American soldiers who died during the First
Until 1988, the church had an electric-powered
instrument, built by Abbey in 1931 (the organ case is
still present in the nave).
In 1988, this instrument was replaced by a new
Germanic organ by the Von Beckerath House in
Hamburg. The instrument was harmonized by Rolph
Miehl and Timm Sckopp.
Service with organ
Sunday, 9 and 11 AM