ORGANS OF PARIS © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
Photo: Victor Weller
The installation of its first organ was the starting point
of an intense musical life. This organ was the opus
219 of the German manufacturer Gebr. Link in
Giengen-sur-Brenz. The instrument was built to be
included at the Universal Exhibition in Antwerp
(Belgium) in 1894 where it was awarded the Medal of
Honor. Purchased by the parish, its transfer was
carried out by the same factory. With tubular
pneumatic transmission, it possessed a romantic
stoplist of 12 real stops spread over two keyboards
and pedals. During the First World War, the
instrument was dismantled and reinstalled in the
Lutheran Church of Ascension, Rue Dulong in Paris, in
1919, where it is still present, although silent.
Between the two wars, the project of a new
instrument was developed with the support of Dr.
Albert Schweitzer who advocated the construction of
a new organ by Fritz Haerpfer, but the Second World
War put an end to the project.
In 1964, the German builder Detlef Kleuker of
Bielefeld then built the current organ. Its layout was
inspired by German Baroque instruments and was
partly financed by German Chancellor Konrad
Adenauer. Shortly after its completion, an expansion
project was formulated, but that was never
Services with organ
Sunday, 10:30 a.m.