The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R

Eglise Protestante Unie de

Pentemont Luxembourg -

Chapelle du Luxembourg

58, rue Madame, 75006 Paris

1892 - Abbey

1917 - Mutin

1963 - Gonzalez

1978 - Barbéris

2003 - Swiderski

II/23 - mechanical traction - stoplist

The temple of "The Free Evangelical Church of Paris-Luxembourg" was inaugurated on 11 April 1857 by Pastor Edmond Pressensé, the principal animator of the Taibout Chapel. His obedience was part of the movement of the "Liberal Awakening" before joining the Reformed Church of France in 1939. In English neo-Gothic style, the temple was built by architect Alexandre Francis de Valcour. In 2005, the parish merged with that of the Protestant Temple of Pentemont and then took the name of "Paroisse de Pentemont- Luxembourg". From the street, the chapel is almost invisible and only the portal crowned with a gable indicates the religious character of the place. The worship area upstairs, located slightly rectangular, is decorated with a wooden pulpit and a curious pink carved from the ceiling.

Organistes titulaires

Benjamin Intartaglia - titulaire Peter Vizard - titulaire Isabelle Sebah - titulaire and coordinator Violette Ley - titulaire honoraire

Concerts

-

Service with organ

Sunday, 6:30 PM Videos -
The organ was built by Abbey in 1892 and inaugurated by Gabriel Pierné. In 1917, Mutin carried out an overhaul and enlarged the instrument. He installed a new console that is typical of Mutin. In 1978 Barbéris re-harmonized the instrument and added a Cymbale II ranks to the swell. Located at the top of the gallery, it has the pecularity of having all its sets of reeds in an expressive box that allows to achieve striking effects. This arrangement dear to Albert Schweitzer was probably made by Charles Mutin. Association pour les orgues de Pentemont- Luxembourg
Organs of Paris

Eglise Protestante Unie

de Pentemont

Luxembourg - Chapelle

du Luxembourg

58, rue Madame, 75006 Paris

1892 - Abbey

1917 - Mutin

1963 - Gonzalez

1978 - Barbéris

2003 - Swiderski

II/23 - mechanical traction - stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
The organ was built by Abbey in 1892 and inaugurated by Gabriel Pierné. In 1917, Mutin carried out an overhaul and enlarged the instrument. He installed a new console that is typical of Mutin. In 1978 Barbéris re-harmonized the instrument and added a Cymbale II ranks to the swell. Located at the top of the gallery, it has the pecularity of having all its sets of reeds in an expressive box that allows to achieve striking effects. This arrangement dear to Albert Schweitzer was probably made by Charles Mutin. Association pour les orgues de Pentemont-Luxembourg

Organistes titulaires

Benjamin Intartaglia - titulaire Peter Vizard - titulaire Isabelle Sebah - titulaire and coordinator Violette Ley - titulaire honoraire

Concerts

-

Service with organ

Sunday, 6:30 PM Videos -