The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R

Eglise Protestante Unie

du Marais -

Temple Sainte-Marie

17, rue Saint-Antoine, 75004 Paris

1895 - Merklin

1978 - Haerpfer-Erman

II/18 (11) - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photos of the organ: Vincent Hildebrandt
The Temple Ste Marie is the former church of the convent of the Visitation Sainte-Marie, built in 1632 according to a design of François Mansart in the Baroque style. It was converted to a Protestant church in 1802.
Organiste titulaire ? Concerts -

Service with organ

Sunday, 10:30 AM Videos -
There is no record of the organs present before the Revolution. The first organ of the temple was installed in 1809 and came from the chapelle de Sceaux. The transfer was done by Somer. The instrument was replaced by the current organ at the end of the 19th century (the exact date is unknown), thanks to a gift from Mrs. Theodore Modod. It is a very characteristic instrument for the small instruments produced by Merklin during this period, exploiting extensively the principle of borrowed stops. In 1972, a team of amateur organ builders evolved the composition in the neo-classical direction. In 1978, a restoration was entrusted to the Haerpfer House, but the composition of 1972 was kept.
St Mary's Temple is located at the former church of the convent of St. Mary's Visitation, which was the mother house of the Convents of the Visitation. The former monastery was built from 1632 to 1634 by the master-mason entrepreneur Michel Villedo on the plans of François Mansart, under the name of "Saint-Marie-des-Anges". The church was used as a book repository during the Revolution and was assigned to the Reformed worship on December 3, 1802.
Organs of Paris

Eglise Protestante Unie

du Marais -

Temple Sainte-Marie

17, rue Saint-Antoine, 75004 Paris

1895 - Merklin

1978 - Haerpfer-Erman

II/18 (11) - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photos of the organ: Vincent Hildebrandt
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
There is no record of the organs present before the Revolution. The first organ of the temple was installed in 1809 and came from the chapelle de Sceaux. The transfer was done by Somer. The instrument was replaced by the current organ at the end of the 19th century (the exact date is unknown), thanks to a gift from Mrs. Theodore Modod. It is a very characteristic instrument for the small instruments produced by Merklin during this period, exploiting extensively the principle of borrowed stops. In 1972, a team of amateur organ builders evolved the composition in the neo-classical direction. In 1978, a restoration was entrusted to the Haerpfer House, but the composition of 1972 was kept.
Organiste titulaire ? Concerts -

Service with organ

Sunday, 10:30 AM Videos -