The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R

Eglise de la Mission

Espagnole

56 bis, rue de la Pompe, 75016 Paris 1897 - Cavaillé-Coll

1982 - Barbéris

II/16 (12) - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan
The Church, assigned to the Spanish community, is of neo-Gothic style. Its form is traditional: it is that of the Latin cross with nave, protruding transept and a flat apse. The choir, nave and transept are decorated with large paintings illustrating the themes of the New Testament or glorifying the saints of Spain. As always in religious buildings of Iberian culture, the statues are of absolute realism, with clothes with very elaborate colors. Also noteworthy are the large number of stained glass windows dedicated to the Virgin or saints of the Spanish Church. It was not possible to find documentation on this church: its origin, its construction, its seniority. Nevertheless, it could be dated to the late 19th or early 20th centuries. As for its owner, it is likely that it is the Spanish state or the Church of Spain. Masses with organ Saturday 6:30, 7:30 PM, Sunday 9:30 and 10:45 AM
Photo: Jeroen de Haan  The instrument, built in 1897, is one of the last ones released from Aristide Cavaillé-Coll's workshop.It is probably a serial instrument, completed by Charles Mutin. It is fortunate that it was not redesigned during the 20th century and, as a result, entirely original. A restoration was carried out by Barbéris in 1982
Organs of Paris

Eglise de la

Mission

Espagnole

56 bis, rue de la Pompe, 75016 Paris 1897 - Cavaillé-Coll

1982 - Barbéris

II/16 (12) - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
Photo: Jeroen de Haan  The instrument, built in 1897, is one of the last ones released from Aristide Cavaillé-Coll's workshop.It is probably a serial instrument, completed by Charles Mutin. It is fortunate that it was not redesigned during the 20th century and, as a result, entirely original. A restoration was carried out by Barbéris in 1982