123, avenue du Maine, 75014 Paris
1907 - Rieger
19xx - Gonzalez
1957 - p.m. Koenig
1977 - Sebire
Photos: Vincent Hildebrandt
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
Founded in Paris around 1850, the Baptist community
settled in 1899 in its temple in the Montparnasse
The organ was built by the German postman Rieger in
1907. Its traction was then pneumatic and the
instrument possessed an aesthetic typical of the
German organs of that time.
Its composition was profoundly revised by Gonzalez,
then by Paul-Marie Koenig (1957) and by Sebire (1977).
The traction was then electrified and many stops were