ORGANS OF PARIS © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
It was built at the end of the 19th century in the neo-
Gothic style. It has a beautiful wooden ceiling in the
shape of a boat hull.
Cult on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
In 1894, the organ was built by the German house of the
Gebr-der Link, giengen an der Brenz, for the German
Lutheran parish, located at Rue Blanche. It was exhibited
at the Antwerp World's Fair and was inaugurated by
During the sequester of the German Lutheran parish, it
was bought and transferred in 1925 to the Lutheran
Church of Ascension thanks to Widor's intervention.
Since its construction, it has not been changed and it is a
beautiful witness to the industrial Germanic bill of the
early 20th century. It requires a maintenance.
Note that the instrument is very similar to those of
located in Alsace. It is also one of the few organs in Paris
to have cone wind chests.