The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R

Notre Dame de

l’Assomption

Place Maurice Barrès, 75001 Paris

1770-1780 - buffet

End XIX - Cavaille-Coll

1970 - Gonzalez

1981 - Sebire/Glandaz

2018 - Dargassies

II/17 (15) - electrical traction - stoplist

Organiste titulaire

Ewa Lenartowicz

Concerts

Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 7 PM, Sunday 11 PM Video -
Photo: Jeroen de Haan The organcase dates to 1770-1780 and is of unknown origin. It was either the positif of a 16 foot organ, or the case of a small organ of 8 foot. The instrumental part is built by Cavaillé-Coll in the end of the XIXth century. In 1970 Gonzalez changed the composition and reharmonized and electrified it. The organ has been restored in 2018 by Bernard Dargassies: Total restoration of the Cavaillé-Coll wind chests Replacement of the transmission by a new multiplex, which allowed the addition of ‘octaves graves’ and ‘octaves aigues’ Restoration of the Herman machines of the keyboard traction Repair of the console with replacement of the pulls of the stops and installation of a Setter mechanism Replacement of the Flûte 4 and Quarte 2 by a Flûte Octaviante 4 and a Octavin 2, adaptation of the Cromorne, the Plein Jeu of Gonzalez, the Doublette, derivation of the Bourdon 16 of the Pedal to the GO, extension into a Bourdon 32 (Quinte 10 2/3). A reconstruction of the Swell of Cavaillé-Coll (Gambe 8, Voix Céleste 8, Cor de Nuit 8, Flûte Octaviante 4, Basson-Hautbois 8, Trompette 8, Clairon 4.) was discussed, but the sister-organist preferred to keep a composition allowing more variety of stops. Many thanks to Mr Bernard Dargassies for this information.
This church was built between 1670 and 1676 by the architect Charles Errard. Trained in Rome, he was very inspired by the Italian style, then in vogue. Transformed into military barracks during the French Revolution, the church was awarded to the Polish Missionin 1844 by Bishop Affre . It is currently the main Polish church in Paris.
Organs of Paris

Notre Dame de

l’Assomption

Place Maurice Barrès, 75001 Paris

1770-1780 - buffet

End XIX - Cavaille-Coll

1970 - Gonzalez

1981 - Sebire/Glandaz

2018 - Dargassies

II/17 (15) - electrical traction - stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
Photo: Jeroen de Haan The organcase dates to 1770-1780 and is of unknown origin. It was either the positif of a 16 foot organ, or the case of a small organ of 8 foot. The instrumental part is built by Cavaillé-Coll in the end of the XIXth century. In 1970 Gonzalez changed the composition and reharmonized and electrified it. The organ has been restored in 2018 by Bernard Dargassies: Total restoration of the Cavaillé-Coll wind chests Replacement of the transmission by a new multiplex, which allowed the addition of ‘octaves graves’ and ‘octaves aigues’ Restoration of the Herman machines of the keyboard traction Repair of the console with replacement of the pulls of the stops and installation of a Setter mechanism Replacement of the Flûte 4 and Quarte 2 by a Flûte Octaviante 4 and a Octavin 2, adaptation of the Cromorne, the Plein Jeu of Gonzalez, the Doublette, derivation of the Bourdon 16 of the Pedal to the GO, extension into a Bourdon 32 (Quinte 10 2/3). A reconstruction of the Swell of Cavaillé-Coll (Gambe 8, Voix Céleste 8, Cor de Nuit 8, Flûte Octaviante 4, Basson- Hautbois 8, Trompette 8, Clairon 4.) was discussed, but the sister-organist preferred to keep a composition allowing more variety of stops. Many thanks to Mr Bernard Dargassies for this information.

Organiste titulaire

Ewa Lenartowicz

Concerts

Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 7 PM, Sunday 11 PM Video -