de la gare
Place Jeanne d'arc, 75013 Paris
1863 - Cavaille-Coll
1904 - Mutin
1928/43 - Gutschenritter
1983/84 - Gutschenritter/Haerpfer
1997 - Kern
II/25 - mechanical traction
Photo tribune: Pierre Marteau
Photos console: Vincent Hildebrandt
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
Thanks to a donor the parish received the current
Grand-Orgue built by Cavaillé-Coll in 1863 (opus
This instrument was originally not intended for this
church, but probably for a convent near Saint-Omer.
Nevertheless, the original composition, the case and
the bench worked (with lyres on the sides ) may be
reminiscent of a lounge organ. Originally, the
keyboards extended to 54 notes and the pedalboard
(only in “tirasse”) to 25 notes.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a restoration
got started by Charles Mutin. He carried the 30-note
pedal range and added a Soubasse 16 'and a Flute 8'
(using part of the pipes of the facade, which were
then canons-“chanoines”). In 1928, restoration works
were entrusted to the organ-builder G.
Gutschenritter. On this occasion, the range of
keyboards was increased to 56 notes, a Flute of 4 'of
pedal was added, as well as the Barker machine of
the Grand-Orgue. In 1943, the same company added
to the pedal a Soubasse 32 ', with the first octave
borrowed from Soubasse 16', completed with 12
pipes of Quinte 10 '2/3. During this intervention, the
harmony was retouched, especially for the Plein-Jeu
and the Cornet. The original tuning of the organ was
raised from 435 Hz to 440 Hz, probably by
Gutschenritter or Haerpfer.
An other restoration was carried out in 1995-1997 by
the organ-maker Daniel Kern. A new pedal was
placed and the harmony was partly modified. The
maintenance of the organ went to the organ maker
Cicchero and is now entrusted to the factor Yves
Fossaert. The instrument was classified as a historic
monument by order of 20 June 1989.
Lucile Dollat & Louis Jullien
Messes avec orgue
Saturday 6:30 p.m.; Sunday 9:30 & 11 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
Lucile Dollat (upcoming)