ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
From 1894, numerous chapels were built on a Jésuit
property, commemorating the memory of the 52 hostages
executed on 26 May 1871 at this place during The Bloody
Week during the Paris Commune. In 1932, the Jesuit father
Henri Diffiné proposed to build a church, which was quickly
built in 1938 in the Art Deco style on the plans of the
architect Julien Barbier. It was inaugurated the same year
by Cardinal Verdier.
This church, erected as a parish in 1961,was not
consecrated by the Auxiliary Bishop of Paris Éric de Moulins-
Beaufort until 2009.
Masses with organ
Sundays at 9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.
The instrument was built in 1956 by E.A. Roethinger of
Strasbourg. The latter incorporated elements recovered
from the former choir organ of St Séverin (5th
Maintenance works were performed by Jean-Marc Cicchero