91, boulevard Montparnasse, 75006 Paris
1877 - Cavaillé-Coll
1973 - Schwenkedel
2004 - Fossaert
mechanical traction (with Barker machine ) of the notes
mechanical traction of the stops (GO),
electrical traction of the stops (Pedal and Swell).
photo GO: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME D-R
The organ of Notre-Dame-des-Champs was built by Cavaillé-
Coll in 1877. It originally consisted of 26 stops. In 1947,
Daniellot & Salmon carried out maintenance works. On this
occasion, the organ was set back by 1.80 m. The inaugural
concert was given by Marcel Dupré on January 25, 1948.
In 1973, Schwenkedel altered the in strument, replacing the
Plein Jeu progressif of the GO by a Fourniture V and Cymbale
IV and adding a Plein Jeu IV on the récit. He added a
Doublette, Flûte à fuseau, Sesquialtera and a Tierce on the
récit (out of the old Plein Jeu) and on the récit he replaced
the Flûte traversière by a Bourdon 8, the Flûte octaviante 4
by a Principal italien 4 et the old Octavin by a Flûte 2. . The
pedal was enlarged with the addition of a new wind chest of
8 stops, with 4 new stops added.
The organ was re-harmonized by Laurent Steinmetz. The
instrument was inaugurated on February 7, 1973 by Gaston
Litaize and Jean Pierre Leguay.